- Life sciences technology innovator Pressure BioSciences (OTCQB: PBIO) specializes in the use of ultra-high pressure technologies to innovate unexpected and potent solutions for a wide variety of industries, including biomarker and target discovery, forensics, counter-bioterror applications, improved quality and economics for biopharmaceuticals, and safer, more potent and more cost-effective, storage, dosing and absorption of nutrients, nutraceuticals, cosmeceuticals, agrochemicals for plants, and more
- Pressure BioSciences recently announced the development of extraordinarily effective dosing and delivery in uniform nanoemulsions of 30 to 60 nm droplets for the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin (“AsX”), and suitable for many other prospective nutraceuticals
- PBIO’s technology for nanoemulsions commands extremely high commercial appeal because of its ability to dramatically improve the entire sensory profile of many retail products, while simultaneously improving the economics for producers and/or consumers, and making medicines and nutraceuticals safer, more easily absorbed, and more bioavailable within targeted humans, animals and plants
- Their breakthrough achievement in AsX nanoemulsions is simply the demonstration gateway to the potential production of an enormous range of more bioavailable, higher quality fat-soluble vitamins, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements
- Preorders for its first dozen commercial nanoemulsion production systems are converting into PBIO’s powerful new leasing and royalty driven business model, with initial, solid incremental revenue expected in early 2022
The development of the oil-soluble antioxidant astaxanthin as an extremely fine and uniform nanoemulsion that easily disperses and effectively dissolves into water with intrinsic stability, was announced July 1, and launches a revolutionary new growth phase for life sciences technology innovator Pressure BioSciences (OTCQB: PBIO) and its trademarked Ultra Shear Technology(TM) (“UST”) platform.
Pressure BioSciences (also known as PBI) has developed its UST platform to apply ultra high pressure and intense shearing forces for the innovative production of a unique class of high-quality nanoemulsions that offer enormous new benefits in a wide variety of industries, including the nutraceuticals market, which is expected to powerfully leverage the benefit of the astaxanthin nanoemulsions development, into a plethora of other newly differentiated nutraceutical products.
Astaxanthin, or AsX, is renowned as an antioxidant 6000 times more powerful than vitamin C that has been shown clinically to enhance the human body’s natural immune response, improve muscle endurance in exercise, support cardiovascular, brain and eye health, protect skin against UV damage, and beneficially modify cell signaling pathways that promote cancer cell death, according to Pressure BioSciences’ news release (https://ibn.fm/pKhEn).
Because AsX is essentially water-insoluble, the body’s ability to absorb it rather than simply passing it through to excretion has been measured at typically less than 10 percent of the amount of ingested or topically applied compound. The nanoemulsion developed through the UST pressure and shearing IP has the potential to make AsX more easily and fully absorbed and bioavailable, and thus more effective with lower dosing and improved economics for the producer and/or the consumer. Similar benefits for other carotenoids and a wide range of fat-soluble vitamins, nutraceuticals, dietary supplements are anticipated, and will extend into agrochemicals, cosmeceuticals and personal care products, and other industries.
“Nanoemulsions produced by PBI’s UST platform encapsulate AsX in extremely small oil droplets ranging in size from 30-60 nm in diameter” PBI Senior Research Scientist Gary B. Smejkal stated in the news release. “The enhanced oral bioavailability of AsX corresponding to droplet size reduction is well-established and has been published.”
Pressure BioSciences anticipates the use of its technology will make it possible for nutraceutical companies to exercise greater control over their dosing and find ways to lower their costs, which may in turn lower the costs for consumers. The pressure-shearing process also reduces the need for large amounts of added chemicals used currently in chemically produced nanoemulsions.
“The global astaxanthin market size was estimated at USD 1.0 billion in 2019,” PBI President and CEO Richard T. Schumacher stated. “PBI is laser-focused on exploring the opportunities for our UST platform to profoundly alter the effectiveness and competitiveness of a great number of lucrative nutraceutical products. We have already begun discussions with prospective partners worldwide who are interested in using UST for production and commercialization of astaxanthin and other nutraceutical nanoemulsions.”
The company has received pre-orders for 12 BaroShear K45 systems, the company’s first commercial application of its UST-based processing system, and expects to be able to fulfill the orders beginning late this year through a lease/royalty business model, which it expects to generate up to $3 million in incremental revenue in late 2021 and early 2022 (https://ibn.fm/AXJlp).
Pressure BioSciences boasts an intellectual property portfolio already including more than 25 patents worldwide and is advancing rapidly towards inflections into significantly increased revenues and profitability. In addition to the nutraceuticals nanoemulsions market, the company’s primary focus includes pressure-based technology development of products for biomarker and target discovery, improved soil and plant biology, forensics, counter-bioterror applications, and improved quality and economics for biopharmaceuticals.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.PressureBioSciences.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to PBIO are available in the company’s newsroom at http://ibn.fm/PBIO
MissionIR is primarily focused on strategic communications. We have executed countless communications programs to address the needs of companies ranging from start-ups to established industry leaders, gaining valuable experience and the expertise necessary to determine the most effective strategy for any given situation.
For more information, visit www.MissionIR.com