iCAD, Inc. is an industry-leading provider of Computer-Aided Detection (CAD) solutions designed to enable healthcare professionals to better serve patients by identifying pathologies and pinpointing cancer earlier. The company provides a comprehensive array of high-performance, upgradeable CAD systems for the high, mid and low volume mammography markets. iCAD is currently trusted by more than a thousand women’s healthcare centers worldwide.
The company has been responsible for a number of mammography CAD innovations, including:
• the first system to offer a clear film-to-digital upgrade path
• the first system to support up to twelve films in a patient study
• the first and only CAD system to search for and mark clinical asymmetries
• the first system to report above each image the number of marks made by the CAD system
• the first system to provide multiple radiologist viewing stations – including a free-standing, eye-level viewer
• the first system to generate printed CAD results and offer the ability to choose between hard and soft copy results
• the first fully-featured CAD system available at a price under $70,000
So what makes this company attractive from an investment standpoint? Actually, quite a lot. Currently, the company has a market cap of only $52 million and is trading at a Trailing P/E ratio of 10.55, Forward P/E of 7.25, Book Value of $1.44 and PEG of 0.41. iCAD has a strong balance sheet with approximately $11 million in the bank with $0 in debt.
According to Yahoo Finance, 25% of the outstanding shares are held by insiders, while 44 institutions account for 21%. Essex Investment Management is the largest institutional holder with slightly over 2 million shares, valued at approximately $6.6 million. All three analysts enthusiastically cover the company with a “Strong Buy” recommendation.
Let us hear your thoughts below: