- The global antihypertensive drugs market was valued at around $20.5 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach $39.5 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 2.95%
- Lexaria’s patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology is designed to formulate and deliver lipophilic drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”), increasing effectiveness and improving how drugs are delivered into the bloodstream
- DehydraTECH is suitable for use with a wide range of product formats, including pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and over-the-counter capsules, pills, tablets, or oral suspensions
- Lexaria is continuing to evaluate the results of its HYPER-H21-4 human clinical study and will report additional findings as they become available
Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator in drug delivery platforms, recently announced additional findings from its human clinical study HYPER-H21-4, demonstrating a potentially novel mechanism of action of its patented DehydraTECH(TM)-processed cannabidiol (“CBD”) capsule formulation in reducing blood pressure. The FDA lays out clear guidelines for sponsors seeking to develop new anti-hypertension drugs, specifically defining the need for medications that offer complimentary modes of action. Lexaria believes that its latest results, detailed in the peer-reviewed and published in the journal “Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy,” may support DehydraTECH-CBD qualification within the FDA guidelines (https://ibn.fm/aMeMc).
The global antihypertensive drugs market was valued at around $20.5 billion in 2021. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.95% between 2022 and 2030, resulting in a value of $39.5 billion, as a result of a worldwide increase in the number of hypertension cases. Hypertension is a common but serious medical condition, with more than 1.13 billion people suffering, according to the World Health Organization (“WHO”) (https://ibn.fm/NYLKJ).
Lexaria’s DehydraTECH is designed to formulate and deliver lipophilic (fat-soluble) drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”). DehydraTECH increases the effectiveness and improves the way APIs enter the bloodstream. The benefits of consuming a DehydraTECH-enabled drug or product include:
- Speed up in delivery time – with the effects felt by the consumer in minutes versus hours
- Increased bioavailability – with more delivery of the drug into the bloodstream than traditional methods
- Increased brain absorption – animal testing suggests significant improvement in the quality of the drug delivered across the blood-brain barrier
- Improved drug potency – more of the ingested product is made available to the body, with lower dosages required to achieve desired effects
- Reduction in drug administration costs – lower dosages mean lower overall drug costs
Animal studies of DehydraTECH have demonstrated the ability to elevate the quantity of the drug delivered across the blood-brain barrier by as much as 1,900 percent. Not only did those studies support additional patent applications, the results could be impactful to its hypertension program given that human blood pressure is in large part controlled by the central nervous system. The technology is also being evaluated for additional orally administered API’s, including cannabinoids, nicotine, and more. Lexaria currently possesses 28 granted patents, with many more pending worldwide.
Lexaria’s technology is best thought of as a foundation that providers of drugs and consumer supplements can utilize to improve the effectiveness of their existing or planned new offerings. DehydraTECH is suitable for use with a wide range of product formats, including pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and over-the-counter capsules, pills, tablets, or oral suspensions.
Lexaria continues to study endpoint analyses as described in the complete study protocol for HYPER-H21-4, and any relevant material findings will be reported as they become available.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/LEXX
MissionIR is primarily focused on strategic communications. We have executed countless communications programs to address the needs of companies ranging from start-ups to established industry leaders, gaining valuable experience and the expertise necessary to determine the most effective strategy for any given situation.
For more information, visit www.MissionIR.com