- In production since 2005, Platosa is Mexico’s highest-grade silver mine
- Recent drilling by Excellon highlighted by an intersect of 1,422 g/t silver equivalent over 8.9 meters, as well as multiple other assay results of 1,000+ g/t silver equivalent
- Drilling underway to define and discover new mineralization in the Gap Zone, an area of vertical mineralization inadequately tested by drilling from surface to date
Excellon Resources (TSX: EXN) (NYSE American: EXN) (FSE: E4X2), a silver and base metals producer with precious metal projects in Mexico, Idaho and Germany, has announced compelling high-grade results from underground expansion and exploration drilling at the Platosa Mine in Mexico (https://ibn.fm/8GCNt).
According to the company’s recent announcement, further definition and expansion of the Rodilla, NE-1S and Pierna Mantos highlighted the recent work, with underground diamond drilling results including:
- 1,422 g/t silver equivalent (“AgEq”) over 8.9 metres (1,023 g/t Ag, 9.3% Pb, 4.5% Zn and 0.1 g/t Au) in EX20UG491, including 4,623 g/t AgEq over 2.2 metres (3,499 g/t Ag, 29.7% Pb, 10.3% Zn and 0.1 g/t Au);
- 1,092 g/t AgEq over 2.4 metres (673 g/t Ag, 6.7% Pb and 7.1% Zn) in EX20UG493;
- 1,539 g/t AgEq over 1.6 metres (1,258 g/t Ag, 7.5% Pb, 2.4% Zn and 0.1 g/t Au) in EX20UG506; and
- 984 g/t AgEq over 4.0 metres (721 g/t Ag, 4.1% Pb and 4.5% Zn) in EX21UG515.
Additionally, drilling is underway to define and discover new mineralization in an area of the Platosa deposit that was never effectively drilled from surface – the Gap Zone – with 300 metres of potential mineralized strike to be explored.
“Initial drilling from the top of the Gap Zone has returned compelling high-grade results,” stated Ben Pullinger, senior vice president over Geology & Corporate Development. “This sub-vertical structure connects the 623 and NE-1S mantos and represents a significant opportunity to define additional mineralization at Platosa. We also continue to define and add further tonnage around known manto mineralization,” he added.
Excellon has been advancing a precious metals growth pipeline in Platosa, Mexico’s highest-grade silver mine, since production commenced in 2005. The Platosa project is an operating underground polymetallic silver-lead-zinc mine located in the northeast portion of the state of Durango, in the northcentral section of Mexico. The company is focused on optimizing the Platosa Mine’s cost and production profile as well as further exploring the Platosa property for additional high-grade silver and carbonate-replacement deposits mineralization, related skarn and epithermal silver mineralization. The principal mineral deposits consist of a series of high-grade, carbonate-replacement deposits occurring as mantos (https://ibn.fm/XsEpc).
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ExcellonResources.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to EXN are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/EXN
MissionIR is primarily focused on strategic communications. We have executed countless communications programs to address the needs of companies ranging from start-ups to established industry leaders, gaining valuable experience and the expertise necessary to determine the most effective strategy for any given situation.
For more information, visit www.MissionIR.com