Ohio-based AdCare Health Systems, Inc. has selected Remedi SeniorCare®, one of the nation’s largest institutional pharmacy companies, to provide comprehensive pharmacy and consulting services for AdCare’s facilities that deliver long-term care to approximately 443 residents in the Ohio region.
Remedi pharmacy services will include pharmacist consulting, daily medication and supply delivery, cost management and billing support, along with 24/7 clinical support for AdCare’s skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. These services will be delivered by Remedi’s pharmacy in Covington, Ohio, and beginning next year, will include Remedi’s industry-leading Paxit™ med-pass solution.
Paxit med-pass helps long-term care organizations increase accuracy, save time, decrease cost and medication waste, and ultimately help improve care for residents. Its automated, centralized dispensing technology replaces the traditional “bingo card” method that requires time-consuming and often frustrating manual dispensing by nurses. Paxit delivers a 24-hour unit-dose cycle of medications contained in a secure, easy to open bag labeled with instructions and medication information.
AdCare will also have access to Remedi’s on-line portal, My Remedi®, which features:
- Real-time information for operational, clinical and financial data that enables effective decision making in all areas of facility operations;
- RapidResponse®, 24/7/365 access to expert consultant pharmacists who provide hands-on support with medication regimen;
- Reviews and solutions for improving clinical outcomes;
- Flexible, multiple daily delivery schedules;
- New admission/stat order deliveries;
- Nurse account managers who provide facility training and clinical consultation;
24/7 customer service;
- Survey, compliance and audit assistance; and,
- Billing representatives to work closely with facility business offices to ensure proper census management and accurate billing.
“We chose Remedi because we found their comprehensive pharmacy solutions to be unparalleled, particularly their expert support, service delivery technology and competitive pricing,” said Sharon Reynolds, senior vice president of AdCare’s Midwest nursing home operations. “We’re looking forward to working with Remedi, and using Paxit and My Remedi to generate cost savings, as well as provide the best safety and quality of life for our residents.”
Melissa Willis, Remedi’s general manager of the Ohio region, commented: “We are excited to work with AdCare, a recognized innovator in LTC facilities. We are proud that we can provide AdCare something that nobody else in their market offers, which is Paxit, our own innovative solution for efficient and accurate med-passes. We are confident we can help AdCare achieve outstanding care, medication safety and operational efficiencies.”
Let us hear your thoughts below: