Uranium Energy Corp., a U.S. uranium exploration and development company using a giant uranium exploration database to target properties in the Southwest, draws upon the diverse talents of a remarkable management team to take advantage of the burgeoning demand for uranium.
• Amir Adnani (CEO, President, Director) – Mr. Adnani, founder of UEC and the CEO since January of 2005, has a strong entrepreneurial background. He founded Blender Media, a Vancouver based company providing strategic marketing and financial communications services to public companies and investors in mineral exploration, mining, and energy. It was named one of the fastest growing companies in Canada. Earlier he co-founded Fort Sun Investments, a leading strategic marketing firm, providing services to small and mid-cap public companies.
• Harry Anthony (COO, Director) – Mr. Anthony, an internationally recognized expert in the uranium industry, has been a professional engineer for 36 years. He is famous for being a pioneer in the development of the ISR (In Situ Recovery) process for uranium extraction, a less costly and less environmentally damaging technique, and has been involved with every notable ISR uranium mine in the world. He was a senior officer and director of the public company Uranium Resources, responsible for all technical aspects of mine development, and has provided technical services to many other companies. He is a sought-after speaker on uranium and related issues.
• Pat Obara (CFO, Secretary, Treasurer) – Mr. Obara has been a financial and administrative consultant to a number of private and public companies. He has served as the CFO and director of two publicly held research and technology companies, and was involved in their restructuring, organizing, and management.
• Bruce J. Nicholson (CFA) – For 15 years Mr. Nicholson has been an industry specialist in the field of basic materials, metals, and mining. He has worked for major U.S. and European global banks, as well as broker dealers and investment funds. He was also a securities analyst for Bank of New York, Citigroup, and BNP Paribas, and worked in the investment field focusing on metals and mining. He organized the annual New York nuclear renaissance meeting with global uranium experts.
• Alan Lindsay (Chairman) – Mr. Lindsay is co-founder of UEC, and has been Chairman since December of 2005. He is also a founder of MIV Therapeutics, a publicly traded biomedical company recently awarded the prestigious Frost & Sullivan Award for Technology Innovation. The company became one of Fortune’s top 100 nanotechnology companies in 2006. He also co-founded Anatolia Minerals Development and New Oroperu Resources, two publicly traded companies with significant gold discoveries. He has also been Chairman of TapImmune since 2005.
• Ivan Obolensky (Director) – Mr. Obolensky has been in investment banking for 40 years, largely in the aerospace, oil and gas, nuclear power, metals and minerals, and high tech industries. He has been an executive of several investment banks, and is currently a VP of Shields & Co., an investment bank and member of the NYSE.
• Erik Essiger (Director) – Mr. Essiger has 18 years of international business experience in the field of mergers and acquisitions, primarily to clients in the energy, media, and telecommunications sectors. He is considered an expert in corporate finance, restructuring, and management, and was a senior manager with PricewaterhouseCoopers.
• Vincent della Volpe (Director) – Mr. Della Volpe has served as a professional money manager for 38 years, including being a senior portfolio manager of pension funds for Honeywell. He has focused on the management of energy and utility equities portfolios, and is an expert in venture capital investments.
• Mark Katsumata (Director) – Mr. Katsumata has an extensive background in accounting and regulatory procedures specifically pertaining to mining. He is especially knowledgeable regarding the financial statement audits of small to mid-level resource companies, and served as the CFO and VP of Finance for a number of publicly listed companies, including Denison Mines Corp.
For more information, see the company website at www.UraniumEnergy.com.
Let us hear your thoughts: