Targeted Strategies for Today's Evolving Markets

MissionIR Blog

Moxian, Inc.’s (NASDAQ: MOXC) Three-Way Strategy for Growing in China’s $5 Trillion Mobile Pay Market

  • Moxian’s integrated platforms offer merchant clients recognized methods of mobile payment processing in AliPay and WeChat Pay, as well as UnionPay for ATMs and bank card services
  • AliPay and WeChat Pay have a combined 94% of the mobile pay market in China, according to Forbes
  • The mobile app market in China has surpassed $5 trillion annually, per industry data

Moxian, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOXC) has integrated its new paid platforms, Moxian+ Business and Moxian+ User, with China’s Union Pay, Alipay and WeChat Pay. The move sets the stage for new revenue growth as Moxian’s digital platforms are customized for monetization of payments throughout key markets in China, including Beijing, Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

Moxian is an integrated social media platform operator converting to paid its two formerly-free Moxian+ apps. It connects users to merchant clients through games, rewards and social events. Mo-Point and Mo-Coin rewards are also offered by the company.

Alipay is a third party mobile and online payment module targeted to merchants, such as Macy’s, Neiman-Marcus, and Air Asia ( It is owned and operated by technology company Ant Financial. It is estimated that AliPay has 54% of the mobile payments market in China (

WeChat Pay has another 40% of the Chinese mobile market, a study by Hillhouse Capital quoted by CNBC showed. Forbes quoted Analysys as reporting that WeChat Pay had 54% of the market in 1Q2017 ( The important thing for Moxian is that the two of them combined have a total of 94% of the mobile transaction market, which was valued at more than $5 trillion in 2016 by Mary Meeker’s 2017 Internet Trends Report. Analysys, quoted by Hillhouse Capital, projected that this market doubled to $5 trillion in 2016.

Besides these two major processors, Moxian also offers merchant clients a UnionPay module. UnionPay is a significant payment processor of credit cards charged by consumers in the online-to-offline market in China, and, globally, it owns some 25% of the credit card market, third only to Visa and MasterCard ( It also has a presence in some 160 countries worldwide, including the United States. Sales from Moxian apps processed by UnionPay earn Moxian an additional revenue stream.

For more information, visit the company’s website at

About MissionIR

MissionIR is primarily focused on strategic communications. We have executed countless communications programs to address the needs of companies ranging from start-ups to established industry leaders, gaining valuable experience and the expertise necessary to determine the most effective strategy for any given situation.

For more information, visit

MissionIR (MIR)
Atlanta, Georgia
404.941.8975 Office
[email protected]

Please see full terms of use and disclaimers on the Mission Investor Relations website applicable to all content provided by MIR, wherever published or re-published:

This entry was posted in Moxian Inc. MOXC. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.