- DehydraTECH(TM) is suitable for use with a wide range of product formats, including pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and over-the-counter capsules, pills, tablets, topicals, oral suspensions and more
- The patented technology increases the speed of onset, bioavailability, brain absorption, and reduces drug administration costs
- Lexaria currently has multiple R&D programs – yielding successful results and further opportunities for additional study models
Lexaria Bioscience (NASDAQ: LEXX), a global innovator of drug delivery platforms, is increasing bioavailability and improving the way that active pharmaceutical ingredients (“APIs”) enter the bloodstream by promoting more effective oral delivery with its patented DehydraTECH(TM) technology. DehydraTECH is suitable for use with a wide range of product formats, including pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and over-the-counter capsules, pills, tablets, topicals, oral suspensions and more.
Most recently, a company announcement indicates that a just-completed DIAB-A22-1 diabetes study has produced at least three positive outcomes, including weight loss in obese diabetic-conditioned animals and shown improved triglyceride and cholesterol levels (https://ibn.fm/5micP). The animals tested in the study showed these dramatic changes in as few as three days when dosed with DehydraTECH-processed cannabidiol (“CBD”), aligned with other study work pointing to CBD’s known anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Lexaria is pleased that relatively low dosages of DehydraTECH-CBD seem to support real improvements in the lab animals’ day-to-day health and find encouragement in the positive findings from its first diabetes study.
In addition to DIAB-A22-1, some of Lexaria’s previous R&D programs include:
- HYPER-A21-1 – a rodent study demonstrating significant enhancement in CBD delivery using DehydraTECH with more CBD delivered into the bloodstream and brain tissue
- HYPER-A21-2 – a rodent study demonstrating the strongest CBD absorption results ever recorded
- HYPER-H21-1 – Human clinical study evidencing a rapid and sustained drop in blood pressure with excellent tolerability using DehydraTECH-CBD
- HYPER-H21-2 – Human clinical Hypoxic Pulmonary Vasoconstriction study with evidence of up to a 23% decrease in blood pressure confirming a reduction in arterial stiffness
- HYPER-H21-3 – Human clinical Pulmonary Hypertension Clinical Study intended to support Lexaria’s plan to seek FDA approvals
- HYPER-H21-4 – Human clinical study exhibiting exceptional safety and tolerability with statistically significant evidence of lowered blood pressure in patients and showed great absorption levels and potential novel mechanism of action in reducing blood pressure
- VIRAL-C21-3 – In vitro screening assay completed using primate cell line, VERO-E6, determining that remdesivir and ebastine processed with DehydraTECH were effective in inhibiting the COVID-19 virus
- VIRAL-A20-2 – A rodent study showing a three-fold increase in oral delivery of anti-viral drugs
- VIRAL-MC21-1 – research concluded that DehydraTECH processing and formulation technology does not create a covalently bonded new molecular entity or change in chemical structure
- VIRAL-A20-3 – A rodent study demonstrating significant enhancement in anti-viral drug delivery using DehydraTECH-enabled Colchicine with possible benefits of treating COVID-19 and mRNA vaccine side effects
- NIC-A21-1 – DehydraTECH-oral nicotine delivery peaked in the bloodstream 10x and 20x faster than controls, with peak levels achieved 10x higher than controls
- PDE5-A21-1 – DehydraTECH-sildenafil delivered 74% more drug at 4 minutes than the control
- EPIL-A21-1 – DehydraTECH-CBD has demonstrated performance enhancements compared to one of the world’s leading anti-seizure medications, Epidiolex(R)
Since 2014, Lexaria has been developing its patented DehydraTECH technology, which has yielded 28 granted patents and many more pending in countries worldwide. DehydraTECH’s evidenced benefits include the improved speed of onset, increased bioavailability, increased brain absorption, and reduced drug administration costs. As more research becomes available from Lexaria’s ongoing R&D programs, the company will provide updates.
Lexaria operates four subsidiary companies, focusing on different commercial opportunities in their respective industries:
- Lexaria Pharmaceutical Corp. investigates new products for hypertension, antiviral treatments, epilepsy, some pharmaceutical applications of nicotine and other drug classes
- Lexaria Nicotine LLC investigates oral non-combusted tobacco-derived nicotine product formats
- Lexaria Hemp Corp. pursues business-to-business opportunities with cannabinoids
- Lexaria Canpharm ULC operates a state-of-the-art Health Canada licensed laboratory capable of developing novel cannabinoid and other formulations for potential commercialization
Lexaria sub-licenses the company’s DehydraTECH technology for the delivery of fat-soluble active molecules and drugs.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.LexariaBioscience.com.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to LEXX are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/LEXX
MissionIR is primarily focused on strategic communications. We have executed countless communications programs to address the needs of companies ranging from start-ups to established industry leaders, gaining valuable experience and the expertise necessary to determine the most effective strategy for any given situation.
For more information, visit www.MissionIR.com